12 September 2005

Something to Read in the Late Afternoon If You're Bored: Red Sox History Lesson

I think I've mentioned that I'm in a fall baseball state of mind. The last 21 games of this season is shaping up to have command performances from some of the best players in the game, if the weekend's activities are any indication. There's a hot Wild Card race in the AL (go you A's!), and the Red Sox and Yankees are busy setting the stage for, we hope, a dramatic close to the season in three short weeks.

Anyway, in the spirit of the season, I give bored cube-dwellers the scent of the dirt behind home plate and the thrill of waving a hit fair. School yourselves on the life and times of my fellow New Hampshirite and the eminent Red Sox catcher, Carlton Fisk.

Wikipedia entry

Manchester Union Leader

ESPN Classic

No comments: