30 September 2005

I heart Judd Apatow. You should too.

He (and a few other brilliant, brilliant people) brought us The 40-Year-Old Virgin in a summer that was rife with crap masquerading as movies. Claire and I have recently found ourselves fully addicted to Freaks and Geeks, which will have Undeclared hot on its heels on the Netflix queue.

Anyway, this week Mr. Apatow has a diary in Slate. The Slate diaries can be a mixed bag, but I highly recommend this one. Especially Wednesday's entry, in which he relates meeting the Rolling Stones and watching them rehearse.

6 comments:

J said...

I really liked this part:
"I'm happy. I'm sad." She laughed some more and then screamed, "Help me! I don't know how to feel."

His five year old daughter is funny. I can't believe he is married to Lesley Mann, a bit too skinny yes, but still, what a catch.

Anonymous said...

Indeed. She was so hilarious in the 40 year old virgin.

I'm also looking forward to this NASCAR movie.

tobs said...

who is lesley mann?
um, so yea, freaks and geeks was a good show. i didn't place that the fellow from the 40 year old virgin was the same fellow as from freaks and geeks.

And then I thought, remember that time when josh's ex girlfriend Anna told me that that character on freaks and geeks, who was huskey, awkward and had sideburns, reminded her of me?
yea, i fucking remember that time.
she reminds me of that character on small wonder who broke up with my friend and then got body lice.

tobs said...

oh, that's not him. i misunderstood. well, most of what i said still stands up. i was compared to that guy from freaks and geeks, and josh's ex girlfriend did get scabies. so there.

tobs said...

oh wait. it is the same guy. just not judd apatow. it's seth!

Anonymous said...

Well, as you bear no physical resemblance to Seth Rogen, I can only assume she was referring to your acerbic wit. Regardless, her uppence did indeed come.