30 September 2005

Hey ho let's go!

Dear 2005 Boston Red Sox,

Ok guys. This is it. I know I've been hard on you for the past few weeks. I have ranted and raved. I have cursed and hissed and spat.

The truth of the matter is, you guys are the loves of my life. I know it's hard for me to show it sometimes, but I'm from New England. I am taciturn. It's difficult these days, because I live in New York. I can't watch the progression of the season. I can only see the dramatic games, the ones that really count. It makes it difficult to have perspective, to give you my love when you need it most.

But I'm trying. I know you can do it. I will be watching this weekend from Brooklyn. And if the whole thing falls apart, I will be sad and I may get a little angry. But for now, thank you for a great season and making the fall extra-exciting. And regardless of what happens, I will still love you, though the winter may be cold and opening day distant. It's in my blood. I can't help it.



image from boston.com

No comments: