10 October 2005

Yeah. This is weird. I'm rooting for the Angels.

So, I resent that it's come to this. As I write, I'm watching the Yankees-Angels game. And I'm into it. I'm nervous, because I desperately want the Angels to win (or, the Yankees to lose). I thought I was going to get calmer after the Red Sox were eliminated. Not a chance. I'm all worked up watching the Angels.

Now, ordinarily, I hate the Angels. They offend my old baseball town sensibilities. It really sticks in my craw that they have their names on their home uniforms. What is with that? Are Anaheimers incapable of keeping them straight based on their numbers? I hate the red logo on red hat. I hate the Thunderstix. I hate the Rally Monkey. I don't define myself as a Dodgers fan but I find it offensive that the Angels have changed their name. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? Do we look stupid to you, Arte Moreno?

Right now, In spite of myself, I am in love with them, their silly color scheme, and their names on their damned uniforms. They lit that Mike Mussina right up tonight. I love that Vladi Guerrero (we wants him for ourselves, Precious). I'm into the Molinas. I enjoy Orlando Cabrera. Erstad, Figgins, the whole lot of them.

Go you Angels. I begrudgingly offer you my support tonight.

No comments: