04 October 2005

T-minus two hours, five minutes

Ok. So it all begins at the very inconvenient hour of 4:09pm today. I'm very annoyed to have to watch most of it on the gamecast at work before hauling ass to get home and catch a few innings on ESPN.

I do wish the Red Sox weren't playing the White Sox in the first round. I like those White Sox. Their manager is a character and they have a lot of great players (Jurassic Carl notwithstanding). Their history is fraught with disappointment, scandal, and drama. They (and the South Side of Chicago) have been waiting a long time. I hate the Yankees and the Angels desperately, so I'm sad that I have to root against the White Sox by default. They're a deserving team.

That said - Big Papi, you go out there and crush them.

Similarly - Vladi, you go out there and knock Mussina around.

No comments: