31 October 2005

And so it begins. Finally.


No official news conference yet, but we've got Wonder Boy for another three years.
Link
And Terry Francona has moved to Boston. By God, I could listen to that man talk for years. YEARS. Best speaking voice in baseball. If he ever decides to leave managing, he should totally be a national TV analyst. I think Fox could usher in a new era by having Tito beat the shit out of McCarver before taking over. Or, I could beat the shit out of McCarver. That'd be fun.

But I digress. I want Francona in the Sox dugout (rocking away in his moments of stress) for a good long time.

Changes are afoot in Boston, and that can be trying. Some of them I welcome, others chafe, and still others I wish to hasten.

A fond farewell to Kevin Millar and Bill Mueller. Probably the same for Johnny Damon. He's a great leadoff guy, but probably too rich for our blood. Which is a shame. He works well on the team. Foulke should be sent packing, he is a big hassle. I wish we could keep Wells forcibly, and I would literally sing "Please Don't Go Girl" to Manny in falsetto if I thought it could keep him in Boston. I would also like Renteria to be sent to deep space and jettisoned, but it looks like we're stuck with him.

Y'see, I can't be a football fan because I have plenty to worry about in the winter.

UPDATE: Even Renteria Can't Understand Why Sox Didn't Sign Cabrera

1 comment:

J said...

Uck, Francona finally left his home in Philly. There's a neighborhood in the city called Chestnut Hill there too. Spooky.