01 February 2006

But, you're ladies...


If I may take a moment to promote (to my legions of readers) the endeavor of a good friend.....

What Women Talk About is back at the Kraine Theater for 8 performances!

I know what you're thinking. "Sounds like a warmed over stage version of Sex and the City."

You think wrong!

The show, which is all improv (completely unscripted, and different at each performance), had a fantastic run at the same theater in the Fall, and is now back for Season Two (it's like TV, but live! How 'bout that?).

I saw the opening performance last night, and I have to say, it's even better than before. The four women (including my friend Lynne, whose comedic stylings you may have caught in Cubicle) have incredible timing and chemistry.

You must check it out. Full info at their website including character bios, blogs and ticket info, as well as "vidcasts" and a little highlight-reel-type preview.

I imagine you gents out there may worry that there's too much talk of shoes and vaginas, but that's really not the case. It's not a "I'm a woman, here me roar about lipstick shades and femininity"-type show. I wouldn't go see something like that several times. Nope, there really is something for everyone.

See you there.

No comments: