02 February 2006

I've got nothing.



HBO will soon premiere a show about a polygamist, played by Bill Paxton. His wives will be played by Jeanne Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigny, and someone I've never heard of. The title? Big Love. This photo is from the website.

Barf.

They will likely offend both sides of the polygamy issue. The polygamists probably don't want their way of life glamorized, and people who think polygamy is wrong will be offended by how polygamy is being glamorized. Which is sort of how I feel. I know that they're all edgy over there on HBO, what with the Italians and The Sopranos. But really.

The website alludes to Paxton's character facing the challenges of being a modern-day polygamist. Would that be that there aren't enough hours in the day to be a nutjob womanizing creep? Too many 13 year-old girls who need marrying, not enough time? He overfloweth with righteousness?

Not that I'm generalizing.

I'm sort of interested in how this turns out, because most polygamists are, in fact, religious zealots... and I'm having trouble imagining that on HBO.

image from hbo.com/biglove

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief...
More American TV drivel! And culture continues to circle the drain...or perhaps it has already been flushed.

mom

tobs said...

josh, get over here and make a joke about marrying three sheenas.

J said...

I could marry all three Mohan sisters. Wait, Mrs. Mohan don't read this! ah, crap.