22 December 2005

This is what jet lag looks like.



Gaaah! Ok. So I'm publishing a pretty horrifying picture of myself on the Internet for two reasons: 1) I literally look like jet lag embodied, and that's funny, especially now that I've had some sleep and 2) I wanted to show everyone a picture of the new family canine, Carson (aka The Dude and You Old Yak-Gelder).

Isn't he cute? He has all the portability of a cat (though Appomattox, our smallest cat, has about 5 pounds on him) without the attitude (or litterbox for that matter). I was a little alarmed at first when the parents informed me of the addition of a long haired Chihuahua to the family, but he's pretty great. Not yippy at all and actually pretty smart. I mean, he's no Border Collie, but who is?

As you can see, I made it safely home. Not too much trouble getting to the airport, even with the strike on, which was good. In typical Swiss fashion, we boarded the plane quite promptly. I had a seat on the aisle in the last row of the first section, but gave it up so a couple could sit together. And since no good deed goes unpunished, I ended up in a middle seat, crushed from the front by a big jerkface Swiss guy with the woman from behind's bare feet on my arm rests. Then there was the screaming infant. I didn't get a wink of sleep. Awesome.

I was allowed my usual post-flight nap, helped decorate the Christmas tree, drank some of my parents' good wine, and managed to make it through the evening to 10pm when the puppy and I retired to my room. He snores.

In other news, I'm out of the country for less than 24 hours and this shit happens?

4 comments:

J said...

Dude, I was FREAKING out that you were out of phone contact when this happened. Even Deirdre was angry Damon went Nazi and she doesn't know what a baseball is.
This is why you should never be out of phone contactness with me-we could have prevented this.
This is probably Pataki's fault too.
Switzerland looks fun even if your dog is wee.
Merry Christmas!

Flushy McBucketpants said...

Look on the bright side, you just stole the Yank's backup catcher:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/22/AR2005122201535.html

Tit for tat. Plus your getting him for about 51.3 million dollars less than the Yankmees are paying for Damon. Bargain. Though, he does get an extra 100K for cracking the starting lineup on opening day...

Strike's over, we can all go home now... I mean to work. We can all go to work now...

Sheena said...

Josh - I'm sorry I was unreachable when the Damon hit the fan. Needless to say, I'm very upset. Slightly consoled because the Yank Damon - shaved and shorn - will be pretty unrecognizable to me. But it hurts, to be sure.

And while I'm always happy to take players from them, I hardly think the backup catcher for one of the best leadoff hitters in the game is "tit for tat," but that could be just me.

Now, if we can just get Roger Clemens to retire from Boston, I'd be one happy girl.

tobs said...

wow, sheena, i've never seen someone grow such thick fur just from jetlag. and all white, at that. must have been one rough plane ride.