26 December 2005

Happy St. Stephen's Day

...or Boxing Day, if you'd prefer. Either way, there was fuck all open today in Switzerland. So the sisters and I went to see King Kong. Fan-friggin'-tastic.

Also, I played with my new digital camera machine. After futzing with the shutter speed and aperture a whole bunch, here are a few shots from today and yesterday at home and in Zurich.

Kneel before the tiny devil dog and his zebra tennis ball.

Yes Virginia, the new lights on Bahnhofstrasse are ugly in the daytime....



... and in the nighttime.



Fountains are fun.


The lights inside the Hauptbahnhof are pretty.

See you at the treffpunkt.


And do beware the "long fingers"


Man this city sure is pretty. I'll leave out the photos of pristine subway stations lest I taunt my fellow New Yorkers (though, yes, the grime adds character in addition to the hepatitis). I'm off to sleep before an ass-early flight to Barcelona. Family vacation-ho! Meantime...

...jelly doughnut?

4 comments:

gilhouse said...

oh please keep taking pics of places(where)i am not. makes me feel i am not here. gahhh!

J said...

What kind of camera did you get Sheen?

claire said...

man i had to keep the camera present a secret for a looooooong time. but aren't you glad i did? now we can have one camera to use only for the cats and one to use for people too. exciting!

Sheena said...

I got a Sony Cybershot. I love it. I can change all the settings like an SLR, but it's little and has a ginormous screen (which sounds oxymoronic, I know). Also the batteries are rechargeable, which is sweet. I'll post some Barthelona pics tomorrow.

Claire, you were of course a champ in keeping that secret. I must remember to take a video of Carson's "mad dog" routine before I leave. It'll kill at our social engagements.