01 December 2005

I am tentatively preparing to kiss the FCC.

According to this article in Slate, the FCC is looking at a proposal to force cable companies to offer a la carte menus. And oh what a happy day that would be. Pick and pay for the channels you actually watch. Which means I wouldn't have to cough up for FOX News or ESPN The Ocho even though I don't watch them.

Granted, it's a long way from actually happening, but I take heart in knowing that The Man may well give The Corporate Man The Finger one of these days.

Relatedly:

From my DVR to yours - Slings & Arrows. The fantastic Canadian miniseries about a theatre group putting on Hamlet starring Rachel McAdams and the dude who played the mountie in Due South (remember Due South?). It's on the Sundance Channel. Set your DVR or Tivo and enjoy.

No comments: