17 April 2006

So how long after Passover does one traditionally have the goat song stuck in their head?

It's springtime in Brooklyn. Yippee! I took some pictures on my way to the park today. People who have room for flowers and greenery seem to be taking full advantage.





In a rare display of Sunday-morning (a Sunday morning after which a few young persons may have consumed a bit too much gin) energy, Josh, Seth and I went to the Museum of Natural History. There, we saw many terrifying creatures great and small, and I learned that we are probably well advised to kill and stuff them all. Including this ginormous crab:

After learning how truly horrifying biodiversity is, we went to look at the sperm whale fighting a squid in a dark corner of the Hall of Ocean Life. There, we waited for an important denouement. It didn't come. I became that girl in the museum who turned her flash on. You'll be glad I did:


On the way to the Darwin exhibit, we ambled through a display on North American Forests. This is October in Southern New Hampshire. I know what that's like.

In the Darwin exhibit, we learned that Darwin had a sense of humor. Whilst studying finches and whatnot on the Galapagos, young Charles was sure to climb on the backs of tortoises, rap on their shells, and ride them as they walked away. Go it, Charlie! Also, while he was away on his revolutionary journey that changed biology forever, his girlfriend married some douchebag. She wasn't getting any younger, people. I'm just saying, if he's off on a tiny boat for five years, sailing around the world and riding tortoises, at some point you've got to take stock and get on with your life.

Don't fret, gentle reader. I did not spend this glorious spring day in a dark museum. Nay. In the afternoon, a few of my fellow Greyskulls and I played a bit of makeshift soccer in beautiful Prospect Park. It was lovely. I only wish the weather could stay like this through the summer. Anyway, here's a bit of video of Will, Seth, and Chris playing keepy uppy. Impressive, no?




7 comments:

tobs said...

that was some display, fellows.

Flushy McBucketpants said...

had gadya, had gadya
my father bought for two zuzim
had gadya, had gadya

Sheena said...

Seriously. I'm going on, like, five days.

I'm not Jewish. I don't really know the song. I don't know what a zuzim is. I have no interest in the purchase or husbandry of goats.

It's just not fair.

Though, if we bring a giant (or colossal) squid into the song, I could get into it. Sing it from the rooftops, I would.

claire said...

i think that the squid could attack the angel of death who kills the butcher who slew the ox that drank the water that quenched the fire that burned the stick that beat the dog that bit the cat that ate the kid. that my father bought for two zuzim.

i think 2 zuzim is kind of like 2-bits. half a quarter.

that's a pretty cheap goat.

Cupcake said...

Hey, I saw that squid and whale in a movie once. You know, that movie. The one with the squid and the whale. What was that called?

Sheena said...

Psychological Warfare in Brooklyn, I think.

Quite the movie.

Cupcake said...

Oh, that's right. I believe the tag line was "Have you ever wanted to punch Jeff Daniels in the face before? You will after this."