09 April 2006

Organic, Free-Range Chicken Soup for the Sheena Soul. With an Emergen-C Chaser. And Airborne for Dessert.

As you may have gathered, my cold has not improved with a weekend of rest and successful Red Sox games, with is really effing annoying. I'm all glass-eyed and lackluster. I suppose it's bound to happen after air travel and jet lag and whatnot. Here's hoping all of these fizzy things help me beat this thing rather than turn me into a giant orange. If that does happen, you have my permission to call me Sheena Samsa or something like that.

Anyway, without further ado, here are some pictures from yesterday's soccer game, in which I played poorly, and photographed less poorly. Sorta. I did block a shot with my hand (the left this time), causing a bit of a painful reverberation up the forearm. We were defeated, once again, by Working Poor in a Lexus. It was a shame, but we played well together. It was mostly just hard luck.


Tera and Robbie during a pause in the action.


Kathryn and Robbie chasing down a ball.



Claire, Josh (you can see his foot there, looking as if it's growing out of that dude's arse) and Robbie marking up the Working Poor. Marty protects the goal.



This is Vlad, the referee. He shook my hand and let me pick heads or tails for the coin toss (I lost that, too).


Drew and Will (who's arm is growing out of that dude's chest) look for a pass.


Seth and Hamish look on. I should have gotten video... they did some super-cool cheers in Dutch. 'Cause we wear orange, you see... just like those "Nederlanders."

Carrie and Insha look on. Carrie and I often subbed for each other, to keep the ill persons on the field ratio up.


And then the scary space children chased us away with their sticks.

It was a nice day to be outside on the pseudo-field. Many thanks to Andi, Andy, and Kathryn's mom for joining us for a little sun and soccer.

Hopp Greyskull!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

J said...

I've been waiting for this post all day.
How's your mighty ball stopping wrist?