11 January 2006

Garbanzo!


As you may know, Claire is related to a Don in the Hummus Mafia. The benefits of such an association include the occasional crate of hummus "falling off a truck"(by which I mean, "being delivered by a nice man named Sharon") into our refrigerator.

My friends, eating a whole crate's worth of hummus and other Middle Eastern treats is not for the faint of heart. I am, at this very moment, losing a battle with a vat of Hommous Tehina, which I keep at work - the better to assault with Wheat Thins regularly.

I am beginning to suspect, however, that we are not regaled and privileged Hummus Mafia Princesses so much as marked for the insidious Death By Chickpea. And, as a more sporadic eater of hummus, I am feeling a little weird about eating the stuff twice daily. I might see if I can sculpt it into likenesses of our Mafia benefactor as appeasement. Or, you can find me down by the East River, shod in cement, eating hummus by the fistful with tears streaming down my face.

Offer we can't refuse, eh?

7 comments:

claire said...

i mean, i can eat hummus like a pro, but even I am starting to despair. if anyone wants hummus, just let us know. we have to finish it before richie offers more...

tobs said...

can it be delivered to north carolina?

Sheena said...

When are you visiting next, Tobs? We should coordinate our next delivery for it and you can take a whole bunch back with you...

J said...

Um, I was wondering if I could have some the non-super spicy kind. That stuff seems to have gone tets up as they say.
Thanks!

Sheena said...

Tits up like it went off? Or you finished it?

Don't you worry. We have many, many varieties to choose from.

J said...

Like it "expired" but not in the finished way so much as it looked and smelled dead. It was sad, but I can see there is way more where that came from. From where it came. So I am happy to help. I love hummus.

Anonymous said...

i am a hummus diva, love the stuff with carrots, crackers, or a spoon. so come saturday, I will do my best to make a dent