01 June 2006

Now, let us travel back in time.

Remember when I went to Philly a few weeks ago? Well, I finally sorted out the camera-talking-to-computer issue. Huzzah! Here is a picture of David Ortiz (1B) and Matt "Grapefruit" Clement (pitcher).


And here is Mr. Trot Nixon. We could smell that vile hat of his from our seats in the second tier.


This is Seth, sporting a rather remarkable rally cap. Unfortunately for him (and 20% of the fans), the Phillies could not rally past Jonathan Papelbon, Boston's golden boy.


And here is Josh with the more traditional rally cap formation, but at a jaunty angle.


Here are myself and Dave, resting on our laurels (I love it when the Red Sox don't play the Blue Jays).


I also took some nice pictures of the city. Here's a street that looks like the Champs-Elysèes. Though there were more Sikhs than French people when we were there (Josh has good pictures of the Sikh Parade here.).


The Philly art museum. We had such gorgeous weather that day. A stark contrast to the humidity we've been experiencing in New York lately.


Me doing that thing from some movie I've never seen (I know, it's hard to believe, but I haven't seen it).


I also made Dave and Sìobhan do the thing from the movie I've never seen, because they're not technically Philadelphians quite yet. The dude behind them picked up on our new dance craze.


Here's a copy of "The Thinker" at the Rodin Museum. We didn't go there... I'm definitely down for next time. Rodin's my favorite.


And this is a picture of Claire's wig. Obviously.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Cupcake said...

Broken photo link? Bummer. I want so badly to see Seth's rally cap.

J said...

Did you know that that is the only Rodin Museum outside of Paris in the world? It's a fact.

Also, the picture of the guy behind Dave and Siobhan doing the Rocky dance wrong is amazing. What a fool!

claire said...

maybe he thought they were doing the YMCA dance?

Sheena said...

He looks a bit like he's going to bust out some ballet.

Yeah, that is one of the better rally caps I've seen. Though the Red Sox bullpen have been known to kick it Lawrence of Arabia style with inverted caps and towels when things get tense.

tobs said...

clean my wig

claire said...

i've got your wig right here, bucko.

tobs said...

josh is one jaunty motherfucker.