20 June 2006

It's like I don't even know me.

The World Cup has distracted me completely, and my usual obsessive following of the Red Sox has dwindled, much to my chagrin, to nothing. On the phone with my dad on Sunday, I couldn't tell him whether our boys had won the previous night. Needless to say, the pater familias was extremely disappointed in me.

I've had the wherewithal to check in with the Soxaholix every now and then, so I was shocked and pleased to see that Gabe Kapler, after a mere 9 months of post-surgical rehab (you may remember, he ruptured his Achilles tendon last year), is now back on the roster. He received a fitting warm welcome home at Fenway (picture from boston.com).

I believe that brings our Jews-on-the-active-roster total back to 3. Thanks G-d. I was starting to get a little nervous there.

3 comments:

J said...

I know, and the way Jew-kilis has been hitting lately-with all those extra base shots, the more Hebrews the better for you guys, right?

tobs said...

would you please stop beating the nats? please? call off your dogs.

Sheena said...

Sorry Tobs... I wish it didn't come against your fellows, but I am overjoyed that the Sox have finally seen fit to give poor Wake a bit of support.