21 August 2006

Please Excuse Our Appearance While We Overhaul Our Lives


As you may have noticed, my bloggy productivity has been way down these days. Preoccupied, I guess, with the impending Big Move to NH.

Yessirree. If you hadn't read the news elsewhere, be aware of it now, the Sheena Train will be leaving NYC for a goodly amount of time. Much as it pains me to leave a city and job (not to mention gang of friends/brothers-in-arms/enablers) that I quite enjoy, it is time to forge ahead, save a bit of money, and with any luck, attend culinary school next fall.

Granted, those who know me by the blog won't find this heart-wrenching at all (just know that instead of subway incidents, I'll be writing about my growing road rage).

Next month, Gus and I head up to the wild yonder. I'm hoping he can realize his dream of becoming a real cat (with a barn in which to hunt mice and stalk chickens) who eschews a litter box for the outdoors and sleeps in the nighttime rather than busying himself with putting his head in my trashcan.

We'll be joining the likes of Tobs and Ol' Muddy as denizens of "Not-New-York." It's a wild and crazy place, so you can expect documentation of our antics and reassimilation into the Mohan clan.

The blog will likely change around a bit, but don't be escurred. It's still me. Unsolicited Advice & Opinions 'R' Us. Expect pictures of Gus, gushing missives about darkness at nighttime, and lengthy treatises on spanking new kitchen in the family homestead.

In the meantime, I'll do my best. But it's hard to sit down and write cleverly when you feel numbly sad and generally anxious.

Ooh. Bringing down the mood. Sorry about that. Here, watch this silly video (note: I do not sanction the amount of time in the pan/level of heat he uses when he cooks these pancakes... they are overdone, by my standards).




1 comment:

J said...

I'll see you two in grad school land right?