06 July 2006

That's what I call a good old fashioned Irish fry-up.

So I'm back, parked at a computer, after a long weekend's sojourn in New Hampshire with my newly repatriated family.

I took many, many pictures of cousins and their adorable children, New Boston 4th of July parade floats, and of course, family canines.

The low point of the weekend was the major frying my skin sustained (in a ridiculous pattern, that shall remain undocumented here). As the Spring Greyskulls know, I am a sunscreen fanatic. I neglected to apply it on the 4th and now I'm paying for it. In my defense, I'd left my bottle of super awesome sunblock on my dresser in Brooklyn as I was hauling ass to Port Authority for the 8am bus on Saturday morning.

So, I'm carrying around a bottle of aloe gel with lidocaine in it. I can't tell you how much I enjoy putting the sticky Dep-like stuff all over my neck and feeling the subsequent cool numbness. It rules.

You should all learn from my mistake. Never forget your suncreen!

Photographs of verdant New Hampshire and Mohan and Bourque clans forthcoming.

2 comments:

J said...

Like Ray Bourque of the Bruins?

And also of your mom's family I assume.

I googled blok's tk and something about Wilmot, NH came up.

Sheena said...

No, no. Bourque is my mother's family's name. That's the ice-frog side, you see.

Yeah, apparently the Wilmot, NH news blog linked to my post about Donald Hall, the new Poet Laureate. Pretty neat.