18 July 2006

How do you say "sexy beast" in German?



So, my jet-set (though not yet the "old Chevrolet set") sister Hayley is in Sardinia to visit a friend. We don't have to explore the jealousy that comes with writing that statement.

Anyway, she left me a (very calm, under the circumstances, if you ask me) message on the cell phone.

Apparently, she saw Michael Ballack, Germany's captain and midfielder, coming out of a restaurant or a club or something.

Point is, my sister saw him. And she said he's super-tall and gorgeous and everything she thought he could be.

Sadly, she did not walk up to him and talk to him in German about being a big fan (which would have been adorable), nor did she attack him with a chloroform-soaked rag and stuff him into her suitcase to bring home as a souvenir for her loving oldest sister (which would have been optimal).

Pity, that.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just spoke with said sister. She is having a wonderful time and wondered if you had received her message. She wanted you to know that she actually "made eye contact" and then realized who he was. I might also add that she went sailing today and got sea sick. Does that help??

xoxo
mom

Sheena said...

Dear God. She made eye contact with him?

*swoon*

Seasick, eh? Poor kid. I imagine sailing in Sardinia is less glamorous when you're puking over the side.

Flushy McBucketpants said...

Ballack struck me as being a bit of a ponce, what with the blatant diving and all. Based on comments he made about the German MNT before the cup too, he sounded a little like a diva.

... but who can argue with that smile...

Sheena said...

No one can, Will. No one can.

He also has a butt that won't quit and legs from here 'til Tuesday.

J said...

I thought I was the one with such a butt. Oh reality, you can be so cruel sometimes.

Sheena said...

Joshie, I thought we agreed that you have no butt to speak of...

J said...

oh. sigh. I know. But my legs, at least from here to sunday?

Sheena said...

Sure. I'll give you Sunday.

Anonymous said...

ah yes. it was awesome.
jealousy appreciated. i'll call you with the vivid details when i return.

H

Anonymous said...

by the way....i wasn't barfing over the boat or anything. i got a tummyache when the water was rough so i sat closer to the side. jeez.