22 November 2005

Pass the turducken.


In T-minus 12 hours, God and US Airways willing, I will be on my way to sunny New Hampshire for a long weekend of giving thanks, seeing family, walking in the woods with Border Collies, and relishing a world with no streetlights (It gets dark there at night! Amazing!).

I have not left these five boroughs since early August, so I needn't point out that this little escape is VERY exciting. Much as I adore Brooklyn, my cats, and my furnace of a bedroom, a change of scenery is welcome.

And since we still travel by horse and wagon and have a gas-powered washing machine, you can bet there's no high-speed connection down on the family farm. Not that I'd feel like blogging while under the influence of tryptophan.

But, if you're very lucky I'll obtain some means by which to photo-document the quaint folksiness, cheap liquor, and lax seatbelt laws of New Hampshire.

Happy Thanksgiving! Back in action on Monday.

1 comment:

J said...

Have a great time in NH and do take lots of pics. I loved New Boston.