26 September 2007

Baby, you can conjugate me all night long.

I was alerted to the following music video, T-Pain's "I Like the Bartender" by Mark, who is very smart and certainly up on all the hottest new tracks. OK, so it's probably not new. But it's still awesome.

The words that speak to me most? "She made us drinks to drink. We drunk 'em, got drunk."




I expect, if pressed, young Tal would concur that dating me is very similar, glamour-wise. I wear short-shorts whilst pouring beers (it helps me show off the sweet bruises from walking into the beer cooler and knocking heavy ice buckets into myself). Also, he keeps it real by drinking triple shots of Patròn with lime. In fact, I think I might start calling him T-Pain.

In other bar news, the fall beers are in.

From our taps, I enjoy:

- Pennichuck's Big O. Nice malty flavor as ever, with a certain sweetness I'd forgotten about since last year.

- Long Trail's Harvest. Delicious, smooth, and a gorgeous dark color.

I also like:

- Brooklyn's Oktoberfest and Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale.

Top of my list to try is Red Hook's Late Harvest (while we're at it, let's enjoy the bartender character on their website. Look how he polishes glasses and points cheerily at imaginary customers out in cyberspace!)

I do not enjoy: Peak Organic Pale Ale. OK, I know it's not a fall beer, but I drank a few yesterday, and I must say, it smells suspiciously of (bad) pot. Also, when it repeats, it tastes of pot. Very weird. And kind of fulfilling people's notion that organic beers are made by stoner hippies on communes in Vermont.

4 comments:

claire said...

i also enjoy the brooklyn octoberfest. in fact, there's one i've hidden in the fridge to keep it away from josh. don't look for the octoberfest, josh, it's mine.

i also enjoy it when you post things.

danke.

J said...

too late. I never went to work today, mah, ha, ha ha. guh.

no, I lied.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just... wow.

Sounds like those lyrics practically wrote themselves.

Anonymous said...

Did I tell you that The Big O won a Bronze Medal at the International Beer Festival last year? Thanks for the kind words Sheena.

Phil